icq

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Wed Feb 24 18:44 MST 1999

You need to get out more Ron. "The price is right" has become the
colloquial expression for FREE, at least by software reviewers. It -used-
to mean inexpensive, cheap, etc., and long ago could refer to eating (not
dining) at McDonalds.

If I recall, ICQ is promoted as a 'free for a limited time' package, being
a wide-beta project. Since the limited time has been something like two
years, I still haven't figured out the true meaning of... limited time!

That's okay, I'll add your number to my list anyway! Perhaps together we
can learn something. <G>

For Newt, ICQ means "I Seek You", and while it used to be pretty compact,
the company has been taking lessons in code writing from the Microsoft folks.

Jim Harvey
ICQ# 13571158 -- old number, but not as old as Jeannie's (who introduced me
to ICQ).