action center lubrication

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Fri Feb 19 05:40 MST 1999

N and the group,

Good point.  Maybe someone on the list has a connection or experience with
just how much silicone there actually is in Pledge.  It just still seems that
there might be far worse demons at work than the silicone.  In many cases I
prefer to use no "magic brews" and who knows, I may change my mind concerning
the use of Protek, silcone/naphtha, a "zapper" or skunk musk on action centers
as early as tomorrow.  I just get concerned that effects are sometimes
attributed to certain causes when I can't seem to find a causal relationship.

Speaking of what things are made (this is off actually off the subject), did
you folks realize that pennies since 1982 (I think) are made mostly of zinc.
If swallowed by a child they can set up a very corrosive effect in the
digestive system.

That was actually a segue into another question that I've pondered but never
really tried to run down.  On certain pianos (particularly a brand that
recently went out of business and started with a K) there seems to be some
sort of oxidation that forms on a number of the screws.  Particularly those
holding the pressure bar.  Is this some sort of galvanic reaction between the
plated screws (possibly zinc plated?) and the steel and iron?  Anyone have any
ideas?

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Berry College