action center lubrication

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu Feb 18 20:23 MST 1999

> urniture polishes contain silicone as a flowing agent.

Well, you said it.  Your word not mine.

Yes I know silicone has been used and I still disagree with it's use.

Imagine an emptying ware house.  Take a barrel of BBs into the rafters
and dump all those BBs onto the concrete floor.  BBs will be in every
corner of that warehouse.  The most will be in the center but too many
will be in every corner.

Under a test situation waxing a car on one side of the house with the
windows open silicone was detected in the house and all the way to the
other side.

Silicone is NOT a lubricant, it relieves strain, which can appear to
be a lubricant, but is not.

I have not used it for 25 years and since we now have many better
products I don't see the point of giving a loaded gun to too many
people unnecessarily.

			Newton