Gram Tension Gauges

Wed Feb 17 09:07 MST 1999

Dave,

At 06:52 2/17/99 -0600, you wrote:
>  The reason for trying to be precise, ...<snip> would aid in making the
>action to be more even from note to note,

>At 11:06 AM 2/16/99 , Ron Torella wrote:
>>What I *still* haven't figured out is why everyone wants to be so
>>confounded precise about something that, ...<snip> varies depending on
the environment surrounding the instrument in question.

So it looks like you're both right, eh? The only difference is the time
factor.

The consistancy note to note gained by the precise measurements as Dave
wants will still be there when Ron's inconsistancy due to climactic
conditions varies the overall picture. ...or am I misinterpreting the
discussion?

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045