Gram Tension Gauges

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:44 MST 1999

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 kam544@earthlink.net wrote:

> So this philosophy would apply to tuning a piano as well, among other
> things?

Well, not so much that, unless it's a harpsichord or fortepiano. But,
then, they tend to be more, uh, tempermental than their modern cousins.

> Problem is: Who determines what is acceptable.

I think each of us does, with mild to not-so-mild influence by the person
writing the check or signing the timecard.

> Aiming for the mark of preciseness and attempting to achieve it may
> not be possible because of day to day circumstances, but not aiming
> for it at all is far less desirable.

Agreed. I guess I forgot the old standby, "Better, than not, to have tried
and failed."

> Anyhow, Ron, I don't really believe that is the type of person you
> are, and I definitely won't hold you to it.  I consider you to be
> someone who excels in matters of consequence.

I hope I can keep up the standard I've achieved. :-} Thank you!

Ron Torrella, RPT
Piano Technician		"And like that...he's gone."
University of Michigan		     - Roger "Verbal" Kint (Kevin Spacey)
School of Music			       The Usual Suspects
734/764-6207 (office/shop)
734/763-5097 (fax)
734/572-7663 (home)