Gram Tension Gauges

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Tue Feb 16 11:45 MST 1999

>...What I *still* haven't figured out is why everyone wants to be so
>confounded precise about something that, unless it's in an absolutely
>stable environment, will function well as long as the friction is within
>an "acceptable" range -...
>Ron Torrella, RPT

So this philosophy would apply to tuning a piano as well, among other things?

Problem is: Who determines what is acceptable.

Aiming for the mark of preciseness and attempting to achieve it may not be
possible because of day to day circumstances, but not aiming for it at all
is far less desirable.

Anyhow, Ron, I don't really believe that is the type of person you are, and
I definitely won't hold you to it.  I consider you to be someone who excels
in matters of consequence.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician