Gram Tension Gauges

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Mon Feb 15 22:37 MST 1999

>2.  I have a supply of center pins from Pianotek, and I have been pleased
>with them.  However, is it unkosher to use these center pins on a Steinway
>piano?  Would you recommend that I purchase another supply of center pins
>directly from Steinway for use on Steinway pianos?  Do you have a favorite
>brand of center pin that you swear by, and if so, why?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Sincerely,
>David Vanderhoofven

I can't imagine how this would be a problem, unless it would ruin your
chances for membership in the Pagan Idolatry Brotherhood. If they absolutely
*have* to glow in the dark and bestow the subjective impression of
supernatural aura to the final result, by all means, use the genuine
Steinway pins. I'd also recommend the officially sanctioned combination
extractor/coat-of-arms with the secret decoder. Also, don't forget the white
gloves, and be sure to phone in for an official Steinway repinning
authorization number before you start. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES! Steinway are
watching, and they're making a list. Shhhhh... be vewy vewy quiet... hehehe.

Sorry David, long day. My call is that if it doesn't exhibit any overt
magical properties one way or another, it's just a center pin. Use what you
would normally use based on your personal experience that it works reliably,
and pedigree be damned. There's no reason you couldn't use Steinway pins on
(gasp) normal, mortal pianos either.

Excuse me, I see the torch light parade headed this way across the Moors.
Rats, dogs, gonna burn, gonna burn! Gotta go, see ya.

 Ron