workload statistics

David Forman dforman@zdial.com
Thu Feb 11 15:07 MST 1999

musutton@alpha.nlu.edu wrote:

> The numbers posted are interesting, but don't tell much. The PTG guidelines
> multiply the 60 pianos/technician figure by 5 (five!) variables. It will take
> me several hours to rate the pianos here and work through the numbers. I have
> no idea what the result would be. The fact that most students here are Music
> Education majors helps. Humidity swings of 40% when the heat comes on don't!
>
>         Has anyone out there really worked through the complete PTG guidelines
> formula?  Willing to post your numbers?  Anyone interested in doing the formula
> to see if we can get some solid information?
>
>       -Ed Sutton-
>      Northeast Louisiana University
>       musutton@alpha.nlu
Ed,
I know there are many other variables in figuring out workload-age,
condition of pianos, emphasis at school(music ed or performance), # of
concerts, etc. However, this was the easy way to start, and one that
most adminstrators would understand. We know that more hours or help is
needed, but we need figures the money crunchers can (hopefully)
understand to justify our request. This is a good place to start.
Dave Forman