NY selection

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Wed Feb 10 23:37 MST 1999

Allen, Don and list,

        I feel compelled to add my 2 cents to this topic. I don't consider myself an expert but I would definitely take stock in the ring time test. I would not however use the spectrum analyzer as that really has no bearing on the possibilities that a piano can deliver but only the level it is at right now.  Think of this as an area of dealer
prep. Like a car that must be aligned, tires filled and balanced and other prep done before the sale, so too does the piano. Isn't the voicing to the piano really what we should be doing for our customer. I don't believe that buying a Steinway "D" ,or any other piano for that matter, is a "what you hear is what you get" proposition.  Just my 2
cents
                                                                            Greg Newell