NY selection

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed Feb 10 14:46 MST 1999

Greetings,
    There are some things that a tech can do to assist in a selection without
getting caught in the line of fire later.
     A tech can help the decision makers judge by pointing out the tonal
developement that the hammers produce. Does the sound get increasingly
brilliant with additional force, or does it have that on/off switch response
that a lot of lacquer seems to give?   Notice the height of the hammershanks
off the rest felts and Is the keydip like they like it? maybe compare several
candidates on touch only, and then on sound, only. ( I know it is difficult to
separate the two, but it will get them to analyzing the components of response
between the pianos).
    How about the mid-range's progression to the 5th and 6th octave?  is it
smooth or do you notice a break?
     I think the tech could be of assistance by asking a lot of questions of
his employers as THEY make the decision of which piano is right for them.
Regards,
Ed Foote