Workloads

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue Feb 9 11:53 MST 1999

Absolute not.  89 pianos includes regular regulation, restorations and
tunings on a regular basis depending upon location.  Practice rooms 2
times per semester, class rooms 3, studios 3 times, keyboard and pitch
dependent studios four times a semester and performance pianos as
needed.

I had the care of 165 pianos, 2030 performances a year, five keyboard
studios, 7 recital instruments, 25 practice rooms (many with two
pianos), 14 offices, 18 class rooms and studios, and others.

It was too much for one person and ended up wrecking my health.

No 80 pianos is about right.  Effective Institutional recommends about
60 and Steinway about 45.

On the other hand if you have lower standards. . .

	Newton