Workloads

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Tue Feb 9 07:49 MST 1999

Newton Hunt wrote:

Tuning four
> pianos a day, five days a week, fifty weeks a year would be a reasonable
> work load.  You should have the care of no more than 80
> pianos.

Hi Newton,
    That translates to twenty tunings/week or tuning every piano once
per month.  I do 3/day making a round in about eight weeks.  Does anyone
do once/month for average pianos? I always start over to A-440 even if
the piano is pretty good but off pitch. I go over them twice and work
for quality instead of quantity.  What was the standard at Rutgers
during your years and what do feel works the best?  What % time did you
give to tuning vs. other things,  With me it's about 70-tuning
30-other.  How much time should be given to each concert piano?
-Mike Jorgensen
Central Michigan University.