Workloads

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Mon Feb 8 20:01 MST 1999

Two full-time techs
40 hr/week
$48-50K and $39K (HPT & APT)
211+ pianos

Something else to consider in your survey:

5-18 recitals per week, Aug.-May
10-12 additional concert tunings per term

At present, one of our techs (not me) is on an enforced, reduced tuning load (one
piano/day) while the other maintains the usual load -- everything else. When the other
tech reaches his normal daily tuning load (two pianos/day), I'll continue to maintain my
usual load. [Who's complaining????] :-)
--
Ron Torrella, RPT
Piano Technician