steinway shank question

Kenneth Sloane kenneth.sloane@oberlin.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:45 MST 1999

To All- I think Charles means to say knuckle moulding as opposed to hammer
moulding in the first paragraph of his reply to John. I would add, also,
that the Hamburg shanks seem to have more consistent friction levels in the
action center but the NY knuckles are less "squeaky".

Ken Sloane, Oberlin Conservatory
--On Fri, Dec 3, 1999 2:33 PM -0600 "Charles K. Ball"