parts and supplies purchases

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat Apr 24 06:17 MDT 1999

Hi David,

If you work for a state or federally funded institution it is illegal
in the extreme to make a profit on 'reselling' to your employer.

I dealt with dozens of 'vendors' and although I paid retail for many
items I could usually find someplace that would sell for less if I
knew which make and model of something I wanted.  Lumber, screws,
nuts, bolts, chemicals, common hardware or household items I paid
retail for since I never used enough of any one item to warrant
finding a discount.

Every piano supply house sells to institutions at the same price as I
would pay.

Some university approved vendors were more expensive on many items I
could at Home Depot or OfficeMax or computer discount houses.  I am
good at finding discount places.

Rutgers had no problem reimbursing for sales taxes on any time up to
about $59.00.  After that they requested I provide a copy of their tax
exempt status.

		Newton