annual budget querry...

Kenneth.Sloane@oberlin.edu Kenneth.Sloane@oberlin.edu
Mon Apr 19 14:35 MDT 1999

--On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 2:52 PM -0500 "Alan Crane" <crane@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU>
wrote:

> My dept. head wants some info at a meeting -- tomorrow (!)
> I'd appreciate any help.
>
> What are your annual budgets for parts/supplies and tools.
> Is piano moving included?
> How many pianos does this currently cover?
>
> Here at WSU, we have 128 pianos ( 51 grands, 74 verticals, 3
harpsichords).
> My annual parts/supplies/tools budget is $750.
> This is a losing proposition so any hard figures I can get would help a
lot!

> Regards,
>
> Alan Crane, RPT
> School of Music
> Wichita State University
> crane@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
------------------
Here at Oberlin our parts budget for 225 pianos -- 170 Steinway grands, 19
Steinway Verticals, 4 non-Steinway grands, 29 non-Steinway verticals, 3
historical pianos (we don't take care of the harpsichords or organs) -- is
$12,400.00. I can make requests for large scale purchases like new keyboards
or expensive power machinery to come out of the Conservatory's capital
budget.

We (three full-time people and several work-study students) do moving within
the Conservatory complex but have people from the maintenance pool do moving
that requires a truck.

Good luck in getting more money.      Ken Sloane, Oberlin conservatory