Question about a purchase

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed Apr 14 15:31 MDT 1999

Avery writes:
> Or at least as unbiased as another university
>tech can be in a situation like this. :-)  Thanks.

         Greetings Avery,
I think$30,000 would be a better price for this piano, which would let you
get an action in it if need be.  The cost of moving is not the only cost
involved.  There will be more repair and adjustment needed. Stability can't
be improvedby this amount of travel,and it is only a matter of time before it
gets damaged.
     Does the cellist have more than one cello? Can he rehearse on a 3/4
scale model as effectively as on his "performance size".   If the cellist
cannot get the response out of an instrument, how valuable is it to him?  If
pianists are finding functional shortcomings with the pianos in use, then
that is credence right there.
     Arrgh,  I dunno, maybe just kick the bejesus out of him and tell him
what an insulated idiot he is for being so insensitive to the needs of other
musicians......(:/)}}
Regards,
Ed