[Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: [Fwd: Texas Edition]]

Sat Apr 10 09:06 MDT 1999

>>	It has come to our attention that a few copies of the Texas
>edition of Windows 98 may have accidentally been shipped outside Texas.
If you have one of the Texas editions, you may need some help understanding
the commands.

>>    The Texas edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen.
 It reads WINDERS 98 with a background picture of Sam Houston superimposed
on a picture of the Alamo. It is shipped with a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
screen saver.

>>    Also note the Recycle Bin is labeled "Outhouse", My Computer is
called  "This Infernal Contraption", Dialup Networking is called "Good Ol'
Boys", the Control Panel is known as the "Dern Dashboard", Hard Drive is
referred to as  "4-Wheel Drive", and floppies are "Them Little Ole Plastic
Disc Thangs".

>>    Other features: instead of an error message, you get a Winder covered
with a garbage bag and duct tape. Also note the following:

>>    OK = ats aww-right
>>    Cancel = hail no
>>    Reset = awe shoot
>>    Yes = shore
>>    No = Naaaa
>>    Find = hunt fer it
>>    Go to = over yonder
>>    Back = back yonder
>>    Help = hep me o' here
>>    Stop = ternit off
>>    Start = crank it up
>>    Settings = sittins
>>    Programs = stuff at does stuff
>>    Documents = stuff I done done
>>
>>	We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of
the Texas edition. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"I'm glad you enjoyed the tuning. Now I hope you enjoy the playing more."
- Ravi Shankar