name of grand piano part

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Thu Apr 8 21:10 MDT 1999

<< You could also make up a name like
 Flügelmechanikverscheibungspedalbaßsetzenklotz.

 ...and if you can say it withoutstopping, you win a prize. >>

With my one year of high school German and a recent class in German diction,
I could not get through it after 3 tries.  So I am going to go read Mark
Twain's "That Awful German Language" again for my next break in the action
reweighing job I'm in the middle of.  (You won't forbid it, will you?)  The
Dodger game will be over then, and I will need something to keep me awake
other than too much caffeine.  German runon words are just the thing - thanks
Conrad!  (I got most of it, looked up the rest - love verscheibungs...)
Twain notwithstanding ("notwithstanding" is the best I can do) , these words
are incredible.

Have you developed this into a chart of nomenclature which I could hang on
the shop wall?  I would be interested....  Maybe sell at the KC convention?

Bill Shull