name of grand piano part

John Baird jbaird@fgi.net
Thu Apr 8 13:40 MDT 1999

Searching the PTJ Reprint Kit CD-ROM I found this part called...

"keyframe return stop block" 2/75 issue
"bass keyframe stop block"   7/77 Don Galt
"action stop block" 10/79 Priscilla Rappaport
"stop block"             5/85 Susan Graham

OK, I admit I searched on the text "stop block"!  Nevertheless, good
suggestions that they are, there are no instances of  "rest block" or
"positioning block". Also none for "bumper block". Other suggestions of
what to search for?

Conrad, I'll never forgive you! Searching for
"Flügelmechanikverscheibungspedalbaßsetzenklotz" warped my CD-ROM. Now it's
useless.

John Baird

Richard West wrote:

> I want to know the "official," "most used" name for the part of a grand
> piano that positions the key frame left to right.  It's that block at
> the left hand side of the key bed.  It usually is held in place with
> screws, is covered with felt, and can be shimmed to position the
> keyboard and stack farther to the right when appropriate.  I couldn't
> find the part listed in "Piano Parts and Their Functions."  Possible
> names might be:  keyboard rest block, keyboard positioning block.
> What's the right name for that part?
>
> Richard West

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: vcard.vcf