Plugging/redrilling Steinway letoff rail

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue Sep 29 07:15 MDT 1998

I'm wondering about the feasibility of plugging and redrilling the letoff
rail on a Steinway D.  Anyone have experience with that or advise to the
contrary? I don't care for the notion of removing the rail and replacing
it, wholesale, but if that's the better route and someone knows a
foolproof way of accomplishing it, I'm sure my colleague will be
impressed.  Thanks!

Ron Torrella, RPT
Piano Technician
University of Michigan		   "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music						--Jimmy Durante
734/764-6207 (office/shop)
734/763-5097 (fax)
734/572-7663 (home)