Concert grand carriage

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat Sep 26 00:13 MDT 1998

List,
	If memory serves me correctly, there is a remedy for the bowing of grand
carraiges, but this is hear say from a mover in the dim and distant past.
	A 2 by 4 must be cut to the right length to go from the post (of the
piano) to the carriage bar so that the bar is level to the floor.  Loosen
the bolts place the 2 by four to force the bar level, then tighten the
screws.  The 2x4 can then be removed.
	If I were to try this I would get a 2 by 4 and a hydraulic jack, loosen
the necessary carriage bolts, jack the bar to level, then tighten, and
remove jack and 2.4. 	Another argument I heard was to get the dimensions
of the carriage to with in 1/8 inch, tighten all bolts, then set the piano
on the carriage.  But it seems to me this method would take at  least two
or three people plus a fifth...; )

Richard Moody