Concert grand carriage

Thu Sep 24 17:24 MDT 1998

List,

With preceding apologies to Stever Pearson, and the rest of the
wonderful people at Yamaha who used to talk to me, my personal
preferences are:

	1.- Not moving the piano.  (Yes, I know.)

	2.- Using a setup similar to, but different from the hydraulic
			setup from Paul Jansen.  (I prefer one central pump connected
			to three slave jacks.)

And, behind Door Number Three, the Winner:

	3.- A television camera studio mount, modified for used with
			grand pianos.  These are not normally available, but
			do a simply "grand" job of moving just about any
			three-legged monstrosity - usually without modification.
			They used to be about $3,500, so anyone who bought a
			Schroeder really shouldn't complain.  One person,
			one central wheel controlling up and down, 8" casters...
			will put a piano just about anywhere with a minimum of effort.
			The instrument goes straight up, and straight down, no
			unsightly steel structures, no odd looking legs, no money
			left in the budget for anything else for the next few years...

OK, so, what good is a lily if you can't gild it?

Smiling all the way...

Best!

Horace

Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT