piano tech. position

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed Sep 23 13:24 MDT 1998

Don,

   I wish you all the luck!!

>One of the primary arguments will be the number of pianos per technician.
>Also, these numbers compared to the number of piano majors. If anyone is
>willing to share their numbers with me I would be most grateful. Send
>privately if you wish.

   Here at UH, we have:

   1 Technician
643 music majors (72 are piano students)
146 pianos (77 grands & 69 verticals)
  4 full-time piano teachers (+ 1 grad. assistant)
  1 Artist-in-Residence (divides time here, Julliard & concerts)
  4 pianos in Drama Dept.
  3 harpsichords (2 of which should go to the dump)
  3 others on campus which I tune several times a year for money.

2 primary recital/concert halls
1 Choral recital hall (used for some recitals)

App. 150 - 200 concerts/recitals in Fall & Spring + probably 25-30 or more
   during the summer.
12 month position, full-time (40 hr. week) Ha! I wish. But I DO get comp.
   time for anything over that.

>The database is set up on FileMaker Pro. I would like to offer it to
>anyone >responding to this post.

   I'd like to have this, Don.

>Regards,
>Don McKechnie