piano tech. position

Wed Sep 23 11:20 MDT 1998

Don,

>One of the primary arguments will be the number of pianos per technician.
>Also, these numbers compared to the number of piano majors. If anyone is
>willing to share their numbers with me I would be most grateful. Send
>privately if you wish.

Here at my college:
~280 music majors - dept. sec. didn't know piano majors, but enough lewsons
for 2 full and 2 part-time piano faculty
90 pianos (includes 1 fortepiano, 1 square)
4 harpsichords
5 pipe organs
43 full/part/adjunct faculty
0.95 technicians

In near future: addition to building which will add at least 3 more pianos
and one more concert venue.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer         Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College            Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive         hoffsoco@luther.edu
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

       Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
   Digitally Activated Biopowered Tone Generation Systems
"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
                I don't work on it."