piano tech. position

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed Sep 23 08:56 MDT 1998

When I was a Rutgers there were 165 instruments which included 4
harpsichords, one fortepiano, and one harp.  There were some thirty
instruments taken out of service because of time limitations or were
needing rebuilding.  There were 220 to 240 concerts per years in six
venues and 8 pianos reserved for performances.  We had some 300 students
music majors with unknown number of piano majors.  I was required to
work 37.5 hours per week with three weeks vacation and five days of
personal leave and was, except for my last year there a 12 month
appointee, no union representation.  All equipment in use are my own,
with a few exceptions.  Performance has been destressed and education
stressed.

                Newton