Drilling & pinning Falconwood Pinblocks

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Sep 22 10:10 MDT 1998

Lorlin,

   You might be thinking about the discussion(s) on the pianotech list
about Falconwood blocks. There is one thread from Dec. 1995 and then some
more
around '97-'98. The first one started with discussions about the block,
went into varnishing the holes and back a little to the block.
   I have a compilation of a lot of the posts if you would like. It's long,
app. 10K, so I'll not send it unless you ask.
   Another possibility for information might be the Rappaports. They always
use Falconwood and have for years. I've had them do some for me over the
years (we even have two D's here at UH with Falconwood) and I've never had
any trouble with them.

Avery

>I am having a S&S L fitted with a Falconwood Pinblock. I usually install my
>own hardrock maple.
>and am accustomed to drilling them. Some where I recall seeing a discussion
>on drilling and pinning "unforgiving multi-laminated pinblocks".

SNIP

>Any suggestions/case histories/ recollections of journal discussions on this
>subject?
>
>Thanks very much!
>
>Lorlin B, RPT
>ISU Music Dept.