Privacy in the workplace

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed Sep 16 13:21 MDT 1998

Hi Ron,

I see no difference. Public funds are used in the University setting. So the
public has the right to know. Last year a janitor at the local U. was fired
(lucky for him) for having child porn on the system. I don't agree that
department heads should have passwords of their minions however.

At 12:05 PM 9/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Don wrote:
>
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> Well the entire public school system here has a puter with internet access
>> in *every* room of every school...and they track it. Every blessed spot!
>
>There *is* software that does this (I'm thinking NetNanny and the like.).
>I just don't see that kind of BigBrother stuff going on in a university
>community where you have thousands -- maybe hundreds of thousands -- of
>computers on the system.  In a public school system, I can see that.  Not
>at a major university, though.

"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
http://www.dlcwest.com/~drose/