Privacy in the workplace

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Wed Sep 16 08:56 MDT 1998

Horace Greeley wrote:

> -- snip --

>  This agreement is, err,
> reinforced, by the University by, among other things, keeping, on
> a separate server _all_ incoming and outgoing email from _all_ sources.
> That is, the one thing which I can be absolutely sure of being able
> to restore, when a user bombs their machine, is their email.

-- snip --

This kind of development should be a boon to the people writing encryption
software.  Soon all people who have this kind of "big brother" watching may
choose to use encryption software even to write their mother.  Fortunately, I
have another email address through an outside ISP.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University