Inventory software

Greg Granoff gjg2@axe.humboldt.edu
Tue Sep 8 16:32 MDT 1998

Is anyone using, or know of a good comprehensive software package that
would be fairly easy to use and comprehensive enough for instrument
inventory tracking of all kinds?  I'm speaking here of pre-designed
fields for service records, rental and or checkout status, condition,
lists of previous users, serial numbers, University inventory numbers,
expected future maintenance/repairs, etc., etc.
We are in the process of getting out of our antiquated card file system
and hoping to move the whole business to computer.  With a very large
inventory of instruments in addition to our piano fleet, we will have
enough work with data entry without trying to design fields ourselves in
MS Access or some other similar software..

I'd love to know what people are doing.  Thanks for any suggestions in
advance.

Greg Granoff
Piano Tech
Humboldt State University