hammers: what kind of felt?

Eric Wolfley eric.wolfley@uc.edu
Fri Sep 4 06:04 MDT 1998

Now fellers,

There is a way that you both can be right as I see it. The Prairie in
Illinois does indeed exist. Its just a little one, and its just a little
moist compared to the really big Prairie out in the Plains States and
Provinces. Some people could call these "Swamp Prairies", and the easiest
way to tell if you are in a "Swamp Prairie" is to catch a prairie dog and
see if he has webbed feet. If you find a prairie dog with webbed feet in
North Dakota, he's most likely lost or on some kind of swamp prairie dog
quest. Likewise, if you find a piano with rusty casters in Montana, it
either moved out there to get away from the crowded conditions out east, or
it floated out in the great flood.

At 10:11 PM 9/3/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Ron,
>       I can assure you that there is a big difference between Saskatoon
>and Toronto, and I do service pianos in both locations.  I have never
>thought of Illinois being a prairie State. My geography must be faulty.
>Prairie is the great central grassland portion of the Continent. Theres an
>awfull lot of trees in your state.
>Regards Roger
>

>>Funny, when I lived on the prairie (South central Illinois), it was just
>>as humid as it is here..
>>
>>Ron Torrella, RPT
>>Piano Technician
>>University of Michigan