Hammer Thanks

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed Oct 28 10:20 MST 1998

Hi Dave,

> How about "starting" a thread?

   Well, I see you took my advice. :-) Good question.
   My experience here is turning into roughly the same as some of the
others. Our Recital Hall is used for almost all student recitals with 2-4
hrs. practice time allowed, when available. Plus, all the piano teachers
hold a weekly studio class for 2 hrs.
   Both pianos (New York and Hamburg) have Renner hammers and they are
holding up well. Both sets are about 3 yrs. old.
   Since we have a new concert hall (faculty, guest artists, etc.
concerts), I've been able to voice the American down to that small hall.
Now the wear
is much more evenly spread between the two instruments with the majority
of pianists leaning toward the New York D.

Avery