Administrative Humor

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue Oct 20 14:41 MDT 1998

List,

   Here's a little something the Director of the Music School put in our
mailboxes. Maybe you'll find it appropriate to use somewhere. :-)

Avery

A man is flying in a hot air balloon near a college campus and realizes
he's lost. He descends and spots a man standing below. Descending further
downward, the balloonist shouts: "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"

The man below says, "Why, yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30
feet above this field."

"You must be an administrator", says the balloonist.

"I am", replies the man on the ground. "How did you know?"

"Well", says the balloonist, "everything you've told me is technically
correct, but it's no use to anyone."

The man below pauses, then says, "Well, you must be a faculty member."

"I am", replies the balloonist. "But how did you know?"

"Well", says the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going,
but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you
were before we met, but now it's my fault."

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893