Part Time Help (was Re: rejuvenating key bushings....)

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Thu May 28 09:27 MDT 1998

One of the enigmas of this business is that CAUT technicians work in the most
demanding arena, yet for the worst pay.  This is one reason I have not pushed to be
an employee.  I'm still a contractor.  I doubt that I could accept what they would
offer here as a salary.  I might be surprised but I doubt it.  Music schools are so
used to being able to hire highly qualified people with PhDs and DMAs for quite low
salaries, that I'm sure that the pay I would want would look high.

Some time ago there was a proposal to take a survey of CAUT pay.  Did that ever
happen?

dave