loose pinning in Renner butterfly springs

Thu May 7 11:14 MDT 1998

Del,

You said:

>It's not just the mass. It's also the "toughness." Hornbeam damages much
easier than does
>maple.

Oh, yes..._that_...Broken a few, too, have you?  Rather like
being a member of what Bill Garlick (hmm, or, was it George
Defebaugh?) used to call the "88 Club".

All in all, between what we've already groused about, and other things,
including a lack of flexibility that (some of us think) belongs in things
like hammer shanks, we just might be better off with some genius
combination of graphite and something else.

Besides, if we keep putting it into pianos, how will all those horns
stay on beam?

>If this keeps up, I'll have to resurect my old "Features" class.

I, for one, _do_ with you would.  Good class.  Right up there with
that one Chris Robinson used to teach about tone and acoustics.

>Regards,

And, to you, too, Sir!

Horace

Horace Greeley, CNA, MCP, RPT