Hearing Problems

A440A A440A@aol.com
Tue Mar 31 10:33 MST 1998

Horace writes:
<<is it possible that some judicious shoulder
needling  <possible path to the inferno snipped>>

    Yes, I considered that,and mistakenly suggested it.  Was told by  big
faculty member that  he "liked it where it was".  so.......
    I think I will begin my own program on the hammers, sort of like you
suggested, but since I have just completely changed the hall acoustics, will
wait for the next faculty meeting, and see if the changes have not only
"brightened" up the hall, a lot,  but perhaps have caused the pianos to seem
harsh?(I tipped the big acrylic, acoustic disks that hang over the stage; VA
VA Varooom!! we got hall sound and a little 'ring' for the first time in 18
years!)
    If I can get them to this point, and all the voice and woodwind faculty
like the new setting, perhaps there is a face-saving way for me to get the go-
ahead and bring the pianos down.
   I'll see what happens.
Regards,
Ed