CAUT Newsletter/ We need you!

PNOTNR PNOTNR@aol.com
Sat Mar 28 14:35 MST 1998

<< ...Anybody out there got some tactful way of getting a
 hearing test suggested?

 Regards,
 Ed Foote

I suppose a tactful method might be for you to get your hearing tested, then
you could talk about how much you learned about hearing while at the testing
facility, and make the strong case for EVERYONE to get their hearing checkied
regularly.

If that faculty member doesn't take that hint, mention that we know to have
our teeth checked twice a year, and our eyes checked every other year.  Why
not take a special precaution to protect the most important sense to our
profession?

Gordon Large
Mt. Vernon, ME
(Piano Tech at Colby College, Waterville, ME)