Yamaha institutional use?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 23 17:02 MST 1998

Greetings John,
                It will save you a good deal of work, the Stienways IF
in good shape has a superior tonal range but seems to take a good deal
more maintenence to keep them performing at there best. As long as you
are looking at C2 & C3's you will be pleasantly suprised with the
performance. We have Steinway, Mason & Hamlin, Bossendorfer, Yamaha
and some old Heinzmans.  The product mix gives the students a good cross
section of tonal differences, as well as touch differences, Swander.
Renner, and steinway type actions. Good for their all round education.
 Yamaha's after market parts fit every time. The 30yr old units that I'm
now rebuilding come back to par with no hassles, and  I'm amazed at the
consistancy of the new parts.
 Uncrate 5 Yamaha's and you will be suprised at the consistency and also
no prep. uncrate 5 Stienways ???  1 will be wonderful, 4 will need lots
of work.
 Cost 2 for the price of 1.
 Finally I must confess to a little bias, owning 2 Yamaha stores, but I
am responsible for about 40 grands at our local University. 25 Yamaaha's
that give very dependable service.
Hope my post is not too twisted.
Regards Roger