College pianos maintenance schedule

John D. Chapman chapmajd@wfu.edu
Fri Jun 26 06:12 MDT 1998

I need your help in suggesting a better plan for piano care at the college
music department where I work. The plan we have now is merely disaster
control.  The plan I am considering is: for grands, touchup regulation
every year, consideration for key rebushing every three years, thorough
regulation every six years, consideration for new hammers and dampers
every twelve years, and consideration for restringing every eighteen
years.  Uprights to receive the same but at five instead of three year
increments.  Concert instruments to receive more attention with thorough
regulation every two years.
I would also be interested to hear about your college department piano
tuning, regulating, reconditioning,  and/or rebuilding workload, also how
many instruments, new instrument purchase plan, etc.
Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
John D. Chapman, rpt