Memorial Concert

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri Jun 12 07:39 MDT 1998

To pianotech & caut lists,

   As some of you may know, because of Andrei Svetlichny's death, Joel
Rappaport has been asked to replace him this summer as the head
technician at Tanglewood.
    Joel mentioned a memorial concert for Andrei this summer and I asked
for permission to post information about it on the lists in case anyone
was in the area and would like to attend.
   Here is some information, in part, from the information sheet that
Stephen Brock, Baldwin Exec. Vice Pres. sent out.

The following may be quoted:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"As you may know, on April 12, 1998, Andrei Svetlichny, Baldwin's Chief
Concert Technician, passed away following a long illness...

With the help of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, we have scheduled a
memorial event to honor Andrei...

The event will be held on Saturday, June 20, 1998, at 2 p.m. at Ozawa
Hall at Tanglewood in Lenox, MA.  Scheduled to join us and perform
briefly are several artists for whom Andrei provided service over the
years, including Temuri Akhobadze, Abbey Simon, and Earl Wild."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
End of quoted material

   Hope this info is of use to some of you.

Regards,
Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music