Proper places to measure speaking length

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Fri Jun 5 07:39 MDT 1998

At 08:48 AM 6/5/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I did have data once for a
>player upright sent to me for rescaling with a C-88 number this far off.
>It turned out to be simply an error in measuring by the technician. This
>happens all the time.  He wasn't aware of the proper places to measure
>speaking length.

>David Sanderson

Very sorry to be asking a beginnerish type question, but what is the proper
place to measure speaking length?  Can you suggest the title of a book or
an article that would have good information on where to measure?

Thanks!

David Vanderhoofven
MSSC
Cottey College