Michael J. Wathen Michael.Wathen@uc.edu
Thu Jun 4 17:41 MDT 1998

That's just my point. The % of break point calculation has no diameter in
the equation. I know its hard to contemplate but it really has nothing to do
with the diameter.  To prove my point I will do a calulation for a Baldwin M
note 88 that I have here in my shop.  I will put on various gauge and see
what happens tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

At 06:14 PM 6/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Michael:
>
>Did you run any figures on a 12.5 or even 12 ga. string?  Some old
>Steinway consoles had 12 ga. on the top notes.  I think the speaking
>length was fairly long there too.  I never liked it, but the strings
>didn't break.
>
>dave
>
>--
>
>David M. Porritt, RPT
>Meadows School of the Arts
>Southern Methodist University
>Dallas, Texas

 Michael J. Wathen, RPT			Phone:	513-556-9565
 Piano Technician			Fax:	513-556-3399
 College-Conservatory of Music		Email:  Michael.Wathen@UC.Edu
 University of Cincinnati
 Cincinnati, OH 45221-0096

For more info about Wapin click on the site below.

http://ucccm56.ccm.uc.edu/