Lewminsky

Michael J. Wathen michael.wathen@uc.edu
Tue Jan 27 09:33 MST 1998

I find it hard to believe that he could allow himself to get stuck in an
affair with a woman that was most likely overwhelmed by the situation.
Here she was 21, from a sheltered background working for the most powerful
man in the world.  I am sure she was in love with him but in a totally
nieve sort of way.  I remember my first love. She declared that she was not
interested in a relationship after of week of acquaintance without anything
sexual ocurring other than a little peck on the cheek. I was 19 and I
believed that she didn't really know she was, in fact, in love with me.
She ran off with another guy and split town but I was still singing "She'll
come running back..".  I took me two to three years to accept that it
wasn't going to happen and she wasn't even the president!