Serial # (was: Baldwin Accu-Just hitchpins)

Thu Jan 15 14:38 MST 1998

Keith,

At 02:16 PM 1/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>  ...Sounds to me as if this thing has been restrung/refinished,
>>maybe?
>>
>>Horace Greeley
>
>I had thought this myself, but the Accu-Just hitch pins are there.  Surely,
>someone wouldn't have modified the plate to accomodate those during a
>rebuild?

Probably not, however, they might have taped, or otherwise covered them
whilst spraying.

Not that I know anyone who's ever done that...

Years ago, Cecil Short (Pomona, CA, now long deceased) taught a few
of us how to accelerate an S&S action.  (No, you don't want to know, even
if you think you do; it's way, way too much work for minimal reward.)
Point is,
that it was an awful amount of work, but less than adding Accu-Just pins.
Maybe someone with a real metal shop, or something might have done it.

I'd be interested to know where/if you eventually find a S/N.

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley

Systems Analyst/Engineer