Serial # (was: Baldwin Accu-Just hitchpins)

Thu Jan 15 11:32 MST 1998

Keith,

Some Baldwin models have had the S/Ns stamped (in various places)
on a frame member on the back.  I'd check the belly rail, and the straight
side of the rim.  Sounds to me as if this thing has been restrung/refinished,
maybe?

Best.

Horace

At 11:38 AM 1/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>The Accujust hitch pins came with the advent of the SD10 in about 1967.
>>I was at the Conway factory in 1971 when we began using these pins in
>>the M Grands and later the SF10's and the L's and R's.
>>
>>Jim Coleman, Sr.
>
>Thanks for the information, Jim.
>
>My reason for asking the caut was I came across a Model R that did not have
>a serial # or letter designation on the plate.  However, on the front of
>the keyframe and on the inside of the keyslip it had the #69926.
>
>Pierce Atlas says 1933 for that #, but this piano has the Accu-Just hitch
>pins.  And the customer indicates the piano was new when they bought it in
>the middle '70s.  Is there another location where the real serial number
>might be that is completely escaping me?
>
>At your convenience,
>
>Keith A. McGavern, RPT
>kam544@ionet.net
>Oklahoma Baptist University