Serial # (was: Baldwin Accu-Just hitchpins)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu Jan 15 10:39 MST 1998

>The Accujust hitch pins came with the advent of the SD10 in about 1967.
>I was at the Conway factory in 1971 when we began using these pins in
>the M Grands and later the SF10's and the L's and R's.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Thanks for the information, Jim.

My reason for asking the caut was I came across a Model R that did not have
a serial # or letter designation on the plate.  However, on the front of
the keyframe and on the inside of the keyslip it had the #69926.

Pierce Atlas says 1933 for that #, but this piano has the Accu-Just hitch
pins.  And the customer indicates the piano was new when they bought it in
the middle '70s.  Is there another location where the real serial number
might be that is completely escaping me?

At your convenience,

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University