Russian Artist

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Thu Jan 8 17:40 MST 1998

At 04:23 PM 1/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear List:
>
>I have a Russian performer playing a concert tonight, who has left a
>note on the Steinway D he is playing  -  says the touch is not as
>responsive as he would like it.  I found nothing wrong.  Other concert
>artists in previous weeks have commented on how nice the touch is.  He
>goes on to say he is used to A 1/4 ACTION.  I'm not familiar with this
>term.  Could anyone enlighten me.  ASAP
>
>Thanks,  Bob
>Technician for The Centre for Performing Arts
>Calgary, Alberta

Bob,
	May be too late, sorry.

	Raise the bench. Really.
		In a pinch, a quick dose of teflon powder or "one-puff" on the knuckles
will give the most noticable change, if there's a change to be had.
On the other hand, if he just knows you've put some time in and pulled the
action, the placebo effect might be enough.....
		Good luck,

Guy