Renner hammers again

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Mon Jan 5 18:56 MST 1998

Thanks for the suggestions.  All the Premium Blues I've hung before were
really very good right out of the box.  I have voiced some down, but
I've never had a set before where I needed more punch.  I'll try the low
shoulder needling.  I've ironed already but not really agressivly.

Touch weight is fine +/- 42 grams down.  The weight of the hammers
before they were hung was almost exactly like the ones I took off.  (The
Steinway hammers were a little big when new.)

I put Renners on a "D" I redid this past Summer (I don't think there's
an industry standard definition for "redid") and they sounded fantastic
with about 10 minutes of voiceing down.  I'm sure these will come
around, I just wanted to read of other's experience.

Thanks again.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts