Wapin Charts

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Wed Feb 11 16:40 MST 1998

For those who will be at the Central West Regional Seminar on March 19-22 in
Wichita:

I have Michael Wathen's permission to show the charts I have made.  Over the
past year I have taken readings measuring volume/sustain for the fundamental
and first 10 partials of Wapin and non-Wapin pianos.  These charts were made
using the Pianalyzer that is part of the Cybertuner.

This is not a completely scientific way of measuring, but there is a definite
difference in the Wapin bridged piano.   No matter where you place the
computer or strike the key, the difference between the pianos is the same.

Look me up if you are there and I will show/explain them to you.  If a group
would like to find a time to get together that would be fine, also.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota