Historical in KC

Michael Wathen michael.wathen@wapin.com
Mon Dec 14 05:45 MST 1998

First, I would like to congratulate the persons in the PTG who have
contributed to the CD-Rom effort. This is long overdue. The choice of
Acrobat is to be applauded also.

About Ed Foote and the HT crowd....

Last winter, I purchased the Beethoven CD that consists of Three
Beethoven sonatas all preformed on a modern instruments but tuned in
unequal temperament.  As you can imagine there is umpteen million
recordings of Beethoven Sonatas but this is one of the best!  The
performer is an exciting one who knows how to exploint the different
tone colors that result from the use of non equal temperament.  The use
of HT makes Beethoven new again.  I can listen to this music and hear a
clear result that is quite different. Ed is to be congratulated for his
contribution to this fine CD.  All you have to do is sit down, stop the
internal dialogue and it will become very obvious. Perhaps Ed can chime
in with how to get it.

Finally, I still have plenty of Wapin Piano Bridge CDs.  Send your name
and address and I will send you the CD with a bill.  Great Christmas
gift!
--

Michael Wathen			Buy the new Wapin Piano Bridge cd!